Poppy Cottage No. 2 - Sleeps up to 5
Poppy Cottage No. 2 is a lovely two-bedroomed, stone cottage with wood burning stove. Although the word 'cottage' cunjurs up an image of a small house, Poppy Cottage No. 2 is actually quite spacious and has been converted from 'what was' the original barn to Ivy Cottage Farm. With a spacious dining kitchen and ground floor shower room to the annex, it now offers a superb holiday home suitable for families and small groups.
The cottage has held onto many of its original features with thick stone walls, whitewashed beams and has a gorgeous stone fireplace with wood-burning stove. It has a large kitchen/dining room; ground floor shower room with w.c; a bright, airy lounge with two sofas (one being the pull out sofa bed for extra sleeping). There are two first floor bedrooms; the main double bedroom has twin wooden beds (which can be arranged as a superking bed) and the single bedroom has a single bed. There is a house bathroom across the landing with a large bath and separate shower cubicle.
Poppy Cottage No. 2 has a sitting-out area to the front with picnic bench. From here you can admire the views of the hills and countryside and watch 'village life' go by. The perfect place for your morning coffee or possibly even a barbeque at the end of the day.
Parking in the adjacent forecourt for up to 2 cars. Maximum occupancy - 4/5 people.
Some may love this and some may not, but the cottage is PET FREE.
What the cottage has to offer ...
- Two first floor bedrooms - 1 double room and 1 single room - both with views of the hills and countryside.
- Garden area to the front with picnic bench, seating and barbeque.
- 2 bath/shower rooms - house bathroom and ground floor shower room - 2 toilets.
- Spacious lounge with 2 large sofas (1 being the sofa/bed) + armchair,
- Log burning stove - set in a stone fireplace - pre-laid with wood and fuel.
- Dining kitchen with exposed stonework - electric oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- Microwave, toaster & coffee machine.
- Superfast WIFI throughout the cottage.
- Large flat-screen TV in the lounge with Freeview channels - fitted with chromecast.
- DVD player and DVD library.
- TV to bedroom one.
- Bath towels and hand towels provided and replenished, if required.
- Complimentary toiletries.
- Travel cot & bedding; high chair and fitted stairgate.
- Iron and Ironing board.
- Washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, cleaning materials provided.
- Kitchen hand and drying towels.
- Private parking in the forecourt for up to 2 cars.
And those little extras ...
- Fresh jug of semi-skimmed milk for your arrival
- 'Yorkshire Tea' bags, freeze-dried coffee sticks and white sugar sticks.
- Selection of breakfast cereals, stored in Kilner Jars for extra freshness.
- Selection of condiments and oils.
Prices for Poppy Cottage No. 2 - sleeps up to 4/5
- £105 per night - minimum stay 3 nights* see below.
- Reductions given when booking a 4 or 4+ nights stay - applied on the booking page.
- Last-minute rates will be shown below, when available.
- *PAYMENT IN FULL is required for all 2 or 3 night stays and for bookings made with an arrival date less than 30 days. Please read our terms and conditions below for information on our cancellation and refund policy.
- A deposit of £100 will be collected to secure all other bookings.
- Minimum stay 3 nights. Please contact us direct to book a 2-night stay, if you spot one on the calendar.
- Sorry NO pets.
- Please read all our terms and conditions before making a booking.
- Self Catering
- Internet Services
- Romantic Breaks
- Walking Holidays
- Country Retreat